The #IceBoxChallengeMelbourne for 2019 commences on 20th February with final results and competition winners announced 3rd March.
What can I win?
- A getaway to luxury certified Passive House, “Noonameena“, with a personalised tour by the owner and Passive House consultant (travel costs to, from and around Redesdale not included. Redesdale is located 60min from Melbourne Airport. Find out more about Noonameena here
- Aerofresh ERV – Energy Recovery Ventilation unit from sponsors Fantech Australia. A simple, elegant, state of the art ventilation system for fresh air year round. View product info here and information about Fantech here
- 1 Year Membership to Australian Passive House Association. This includes member only access to Passive House design plans of completed and certified projects located in Australia, climate data, study regarding WC & Bathroom odour confirming approved (mechanical ventilation) DTS (deemed to satisfy) under the NCC, free education workshops, networking events, discounts to conferences and related CPD events.
- Passive House Feasibility Assessment by Passive House Designer Andy Marlow from Envirotecture. Find out what is needed to get to your home design to Passive House standard with this detailed report. Find out more here
Contest Terms and Conditions
The Ice Box Challenge Melbourne contest is hosted by Australian Passive House Association, located at Citic House, Level 6/99 King St, Melbourne VIC 3000.
The Contest is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older and currently reside in Australia.
All entrants are required to submit their full legal name, telephone number and e-mail address. Selected winners may be required to provide proof of age and residency, to be deemed the official winners.
Past and current employees of Australian Passive House Association, Queen Victoria Market, the City of Melbourne, National Sustainable Living Festival and all companies and/or people associated with the Ice Box Challenge, directly or indirectly, at the discretion of Australian Passive House Association, including its affiliates, representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, or their immediate family members and those domiciled with them, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
There is no fee to enter the Contest; no purchase is necessary.
The Contest is limited to one entry per person. Australian Passive House Association reserves the right to reject what it deems to be multiple entries form one person.
All submissions must be received by 3pm Eastern Standard Time Saturday 2 March, 2019. No submissions beyond this time will be accepted.
Selecting the Winning Entry
The winning entry will be determined by comparing the sum of each Contestant’s guesses for the final weight of the ice from both structures, to the actual weight of the combined remaining ice from the structures, at or about 3:00pm Australian Eastern Standard time, March 3, 2019. The contestant whose entry has a combined weight of the remaining ice from both structures that is the closest to the actual combined weight of the remaining ice, as determined by Australian Passive House Association, will be determined to be the winning entry.
In the event of a tie, the contestant’s entry that has the closest weight of the actual weight of the remaining ice in the Passive House structure will be deemed to be the winner. The Australian Passive House Association’s determination of the winning entries will be final and binding.
The second prizes will be awarded to the second closest entry to the actual weight of the combined remaining ice with the same tie-breaking procedure, if necessary.
Acceptance of Prizes
To claim their prize, contestant will be required to answer a simple mathematical skill-testing question.
In the event that the winning contestants do not claim their prizes within 48 hours after being contacted by telephone and/or e-mail, Australian Passive House Association reserves the right to award the prize to runner up contestants.
Prizes must be accepted as described in the Contest Terms and Conditions and cannot be transferred to another individual, substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for cash or credit.
Substitution of a Prize
Australian Passive House Association reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and for any reason whatsoever, to substitute a prize or any part thereof, with an alternate prize of equivalent or approximate value.
Odds of winning
The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Australian Passive House Association, the City of Melbourne, Queen Victoria Markets, National Sustainability Living Festival and their designees are not responsible for any losses or damages resulting from the awarding of any of the prizes in the Contest, nor do they make any express or implied warranties of any kind with respect to safety or performance of any prize.
Release and Exclusion of Liability
By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees:
- a) To release, discharge, and forever hold harmless each ofAustralian Passive House Association, the City of Melbourne, Queen Victoria Markets, National Sustainability Living Festival and their designees and their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and other representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all claims, actions, damages, demands, manner of actions, causes of action, suits, debts, duties, accounts, bonds, covenants, warranties, indemnities, claims over, contracts and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with the entrant’s entry, entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Contest, compliance or noncompliance with the Contest Terms and Conditions and acceptance and use of any prize or subsequent prizes or any portion thereof; and
- b) If selected as a potential Prize winner, to sign the Australian Passive House Association’s form of Declaration and Release and provide a personal photograph as pre-conditions to winning a prize.
The Releasees will not be responsible for lost, incomplete, late or misdirected entries or for any failure of the Contest website or app during the contest period, or for any technical malfunction or other problems with, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software or for any technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or app, or any combination of the foregoing, and will not be liable for any resulting injury, death or damage to any person or property arising from, or relating to, that person’s or any other person’s participation or attempted participation in the contest.
Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or app or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, Australian Passive House Association reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
Consent to Use of Likeness
By submitting an entry to the Ice Box Challenge Contest, you understand that, during the course of or in connection with the Contest, photographs, video, and other recordings (the “Depictions”) may be taken of you, and your hereby grant Australian Passive House Association, the City of Melbourne, Queen Victoria Market, National Sustainable Living Festival and their designees and licensees the right, in any and all manner and media throughout the world and in perpetuity, to disseminate, reproduce, record, exhibit, print and publish the Depictions, which may include your name, likeness, for any purpose, including, without limitation as news or informative matter and for advertising and publicising Australian Passive House Association, the City of Melbourne, Queen Victoria Market, National Sustainable Living Festival and their designees.
If you are a contestant of a competition held by us, you consent to:
- the collection, release, publication or broadcasting of your personal information (including your name, photographs or video footages) as required by the relevant conditions of entry or by law;
- disclosure of your personal information to sponsors of our competition; and
- receiving marketing and promotional communications from us, our related entities and our sponsors from time to time via any medium.